Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still here and kicking.

Ah, so maybe this blog hasn't been abandoned? Despite the long cold winter and an ever growing list of things to do, life does go on. I'm happy to say I've been busy with boats since last fall.

Most of the time has been filled with the rowing shell project, right up until the end of April. Truth is, the shell project has pushed my workload over the edge of comfort into the horrors of the stress zone because, as so often happens, they took much longer to finish and ship than anticipated. I am currently running about a month behind where I thought I'd be this spring.


My current project is a nesting dingy for folks in Baltimore. It is an interesting design and I think it will make a great little tender. I'll add more info regarding the design and construction once I have it finished. Next up will be a Payson/Bolger Cartopper that will live right here in Spruce Head and then another Gloucester Gull rowing dory. I will leave you with a photo of the nesting dingy ready for its outer coating of glass.




Off to the shop!