Sunday, July 08, 2007

Summer Skiff

Summer is full swing now and I'm busy doing just about everything other than building boats. I'm feeling more and more as though I try to cram a full year's worth of outdoor activity into three months. A reflection of my declining interest in cold weather. I did manage to get one boat out as summer began, a new skiff for a local cottage.


This is my version of Dynamite Payson's Fisherman's Skiff. I've added a little over an inch elevation to the stem and transom to give the boat a little more sheer. There is still more to be done before I'm satisfied with the design but I think this looks pretty nice. There are far too many ugly skiffs in this world.



Lots of other interesting projects going on that I will post up in the near future. Just hoping to have a little time to enjoy another passion..............